Monday, April 18, 2011

Galveston, Texas

We took a day and went to Galveston to the Railroad Museum.  It was closed when we were here last year because of all the damage caused by Hurricane Ike in September 2008.

Do you think the real car is a little bigger?

 It's a real shame that these cars suffered so much damage.  Most had been restored.  We could see the high water mark on the cars, it was over our heads.

Look at the tree growing out of this one.

I loved this old relic of the past.

Including the one in the pink shirt and hat.

And this one.

This is an old steam tractor.

This is more devastation that Hurricane Ike caused.  As you know Galveston is a long narrow island.  It was hit on both sides with wages, 17' on one side and 18' on the other.  hey must have met in the middle. 

I loved this chess game, people were actually playing a game.

 I know I took a bunch of pictures of these colored houses last year, but I took some more, I absolutely love them.

So unique.

I love the different shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment