Friday, September 12, 2014

My Last Post

On August 30th Don no longer wanted to take his anti-nausea meds or morphine orally.  He also wanted something to help him sleep.  Since that only left getting shots, they had to transfer him to The Hospice House.  He thought he would be gone in a couple of days.  It was horrific to watch him go through what he did.  They were wonderful and kept him as comfortable as possible.  Bruno and I were able to stay there around the clock.  Up until the last 3 days when I did have to leave I made sure someone was there in case the nurse needed to be called.  He passed away at 8:20 p.m. on Wednesday Sept. 10th.  His last few days were comfortable, he didn't wake up even when they bathed him.  It's a relief that he is no longer suffering but I will miss dearly.  I'm so thankful that we had the years we did have.
This will be my last post since this was OUR blog and I'm finding it too difficult to be on it.  If anyone wants to get in touch with me my e-mail address is wyselb@gmail.com.  Here is a link to his obituary.

No comments:

Post a Comment