Monday, February 28, 2011

Kemah Boardwalk

Joyce and I and another workcamper, Gail, decided to take a road trip while the guys worked.  We went to the Kemah Boardwalk amout 45 mins. away.

It was foggy when we first got there, but it cleared up.

Check out the old police car.

We walked the boardwalk, these are my "partners-in-crime".

There are mostly restaurants and a few shops.  Most were not open, we were told most things are open at night and on the week-end this time of year.  I guess the place is mobbed in the summer.

Do you suppose this needs repair?  I wouldn't want to try to go in there.  Just about everything around here near the ocean is on stilts.

This is a double decker merry-go-round, thought it was really cool.

This is what they call the Boardwalk Bullett.  Check out the link for a history.  This frame is all made of wood, you wouldn't catch me on there, way too high for me, I'm like our dog, a real woose.

We enjoyed the area and our lunch, but it was time to head home.

I love the views on the coast, look at all these sail boat masts.


No comments:

Post a Comment