Sunday, June 22, 2014

In Rehab Facility

Don was admitted into the rehab unit yesterday.  I picked one that allows dogs to visit.  When he was discharged from the hospital, he needed 2 people to move him.  He had his evaluation this morning before I got there.  I spoke with the physical therapist and he said he needed just one assist.  When I got to his room he was sitting up in a chair.  He was able to transfer to the bed by himself, the therapist had taught him how.  He was a little frustrated because he only got that short time with him.  Getting admitted on a Saturday was a little rough since not much goes on with therapy over the week end and he gets a little impatient since he is so frustrated.  He said its like his hand and leg can't hear what his brain is asking them to do.  Visiting with the dog was really good for both of them.  Bruno got right up on the bed and laid down with him.

Tomorrow I have to go to the hospital to get a form giving me permission to get his medical records, go back to the Rehab, get it signed and back to the hospital to get the records, including the CD with his MRI and CT Scan, then to Moffitt.  Luckily the hospital and rehab are close together.  Then I wait to hear from the oncologist, Dr. Weber.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Lucy, I cannot imagine having to go thru what you have endured so far. Just know Bill & I think of both of you often. Let us know it we can help in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the pic of Bruno in bed with his Daddy. Don looks good in the picture.

    ReplyDelete