Saturday, June 28, 2014

Therapies Going Well

Don is responding very well to Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy.  I have not seen a social worker yet, so on Monday I will find someone who can give me an idea as to how long they think it will take before he is discharged.  On July 17 he is scheduled for an MRI at Moffitt, and on the 18th he will have blood work, see a neurologist and his oncologist, Dr. Weber.  Hopefully, shortly after that, we can go home.  I think he will get better faster if he has friends and family around.  Like his son says, we are on an island, alone with no support.  We have made wonderful friends here who will do just about anything to help, but it's not like old friends.

I have someone lined up to come pick up the coach and drive us home.  I have a rehab facility lined up to admit him if he still needs it, and I have a campground to stay at for the remainder of the summer.

On Tuesday I went to the hospital to report the neurologist I had an issue with.  I saw a patient advocate in the Risk Management Dept.  She was appalled and suggested I report it to the Watson Clinic, the doctors' organization he works for.  I reported it to a patient advocate there and they agreed it was totally uncalled for and it would definitely go to the board.

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear the news that he is moving forward. I am also happy to hear plans are in the works for coming home. Hugs to you both. Remember we have a very long driveway that would cost nothing to park in and you guys are always welcome.

    ReplyDelete