Saturday, June 14, 2014

Progress

I'm almost scared to say this, but I think they are finally onto something.  My last post stated how well he was feeling on just 2 of medication A.  After a week the doctor increased it to 3.  By the time we saw him yesterday, and nausea, fatigue, having to force himself to eat, etc. was back.  Very discouraging.  Like the doctor said, they are going to have to tweak this to suit his body.  He put him back on 2 of Medication A and started him on Medication B.  So far so good, he has energy today, actually woke up hungry, had TWO peanut butter toast without batting an eyelash.  This is only day 2 on his new regimen but its looking hopeful.  He has to call the doctor Monday to report in, if all is well he sees him again in 2 weeks and gets scanned 4 weeks after that to see if the medication is working.  If its working he goes on an 8 week cycle which means we could go home for a while.  I hate to even think that far ahead.  I know I need to stay positive but for now I am going to take it one step at a time.
Again, thank you all for your prayers and positive energy.


2 comments:

  1. We are with you every step of the way even though we aren't there. Love you both.
    Chuck and Bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thinking of you two. If you need us to help with anything, we can always fly down. Just let us know.

    ReplyDelete