Thursday, September 2, 2010

Shipshewana, Indiana

I wanted to go to the quilt shops in Amish country, and Don wanted to go to the Hudson Museum.  We had Bruno with us and it was a hot day so we couldn't leave him in the car.  Don doesn't usually come into quilt shops with me, so he stayed with Bruno in the air conditioned car.  This quilt shop was amazing.  5,000 sq.ft. and 14,000 bolts of fabric.  I thought I had died and gone to heaven.  I went to another shop with not quite as much fabric, while my patient husband and dog waited in the car.

Then Bruno and I went for a walk and went back to the air conditioned car while Don went to look at the Hudsons.  Good trade.

This one really sparked his interest, it was a race car.

And this 1927 fire truck, WOW, I even like that one.

He says this is one he'd really like to have, it was his second favorite.

I love those rumble seats.

And look at this mail truck, not sure what year it is.

Check out the last one, not restored yet.  And the one in the middle, how many of you remember the "woodies", or am I aging myself?

This 1951 was by far his favorite, he remembers driving one, now I'm aging him.

This one is a little blurry, he said he was just trembling with excitement when he took the picture.  Remember these giant furry dice?

Another race car, double click and read this.

Notice the turbo charger.

Check this out, 1909 Hudson.

And last but not least, he even took a picture of a quilt for me.  Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment